1 Tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup chick peas (cooked
1 litre of vegetable stock
1 tsp celtic sea or Himalayan salt
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 potato, chopped
1 red or green capsicum, chopped
1 zucchini cut in half lengthways and sliced
2 cups of chopped green or black kale
2 Tbsp Pesto (optional)
1. Add olive oil to a large saucepan and sauté the onion and crushed garlic for 2 minutes.
2. Add in the potato, celery, capsicum and zucchini and sauté for 5 minutes
3. Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the potato is tender.
5. Add in the chopped kale and chick peas.
6. Season with sea salt and pesto if desired.
7. Place half the mixture in a blender and blend to smooth consistency.
8. Add the blended portion back into the soup and stir well.
9. Enjoy on its own or if desired add some good quality parmesan or goats cheese.