2 broccoli heads and stems roughly chopped
2 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
2 cups vegetable stock
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 onion chopped
2 sticks celery chopped
Sea Salt to taste
1 handful fresh mint chopped
1 handful fresh parsley chopped
¼ cup coconut milk (optional)
Handful of slivered almonds to garnish
1. In a large heavy bottom saucepan, place oil, heat and add garlic and onion and cook until translucent.
2. Throw in chopped celery and cook through.
3. Add the broccoli including stems and pour in stock.
4. Bring to boil, reduce heat and add seasoning and herbs.
5. Simmer for 15 minutes and stir in coconut milk
6. Place in blender then blend together until smooth and return to pan if it needs reheating.
7. Garnish with slivered almonds.