I'm Terrie Beresford, allow me to introduce myself.
It was through my own health crisis whilst working overseas in banking in Tokyo, Japan that I realised there was more to life than money and that Western medicine was not the answer to a long healthy life.
At that time I was sleeping only every second night, had constant stomach pains, anxiety and headaches. Unfortunately due to cultural differences it was difficult for me to find any professional medical or natural medicine options which were effective for me.
It was at this time that I took control of my health and decided to stop processed food, caffeine, sugar and alcohol and take up the regular practice of yoga and meditation. I also quit my well paid banking job and travelled around the world for eight months.
Find out more in the About Me section.
Do you suffer from anxiety, chronic fatigue, depression, headaches? Or do you just feel your overall wellness could be improved? Is your health issue amongst the list of conditions that New Age Naturopathics can help you with?
Naturopathy, Iridology, Herbal medicines, Homeopathics, Kinesiology, are just a few of the techniques that are used to create your custom designed "Wellness Plan".
To help you honour your mind, body and soul, we have a number of articles full of practical and useful information. Whether you are looking for the latest article, or a specific topic, there will be something of value for you here.
Check out the latest one
Feeling your best includes making sure that you eat the right things. New Age Naturopathics can supply you with some great recipes that will help you along your wellness journey.
1 whole cauliflower
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sumac
1 tsp ground sea salt
Green Tahini Sauce
3/4 cup water
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 large garlic cloves crushed
1 small bunch coriander
2-3 slices jalapeno or green chili
1/4 teaspoon ground sea salt, more to taste
½ cup tahini paste
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Trim leaves off cauliflower and break into small florets. Place in a bowl and sprinkle with the spice mix, salt and olive oil and place on a pan lined with baking paper in the oven. Roast until fork tender about 20-25 minutes.
3. While it’s roasting make the green tahini sauce.
4. Place all the ingredients except the tahini paste in the blender, and blend until combined (but not smooth). Add paste and blend again until desired smoothness. Adjust salt.
1 cup tricolour quinoa
2 cups vegetable stock
¼ cup pine nuts
¼ cup currants
½ cup chopped coriander
1. Rinse the quinoa and place in a small saucepan. Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed.
2. Remove from heat and add the pine nuts, currants and coriander.
3. Spread a bed of quinoa on a large serving platter and arrange the cooked cauliflower on top. Next drizzle the green tahini sauce over the cauliflower