I'm Terrie Beresford, allow me to introduce myself.
It was through my own health crisis whilst working overseas in banking in Tokyo, Japan that I realised there was more to life than money and that Western medicine was not the answer to a long healthy life.
At that time I was sleeping only every second night, had constant stomach pains, anxiety and headaches. Unfortunately due to cultural differences it was difficult for me to find any professional medical or natural medicine options which were effective for me.
It was at this time that I took control of my health and decided to stop processed food, caffeine, sugar and alcohol and take up the regular practice of yoga and meditation. I also quit my well paid banking job and travelled around the world for eight months.
Find out more in the About Me section.
Do you suffer from anxiety, chronic fatigue, depression, headaches? Or do you just feel your overall wellness could be improved? Is your health issue amongst the list of conditions that New Age Naturopathics can help you with?
Naturopathy, Iridology, Herbal medicines, Homeopathics, Kinesiology, are just a few of the techniques that are used to create your custom designed "Wellness Plan".
To help you honour your mind, body and soul, we have a number of articles full of practical and useful information. Whether you are looking for the latest article, or a specific topic, there will be something of value for you here.
Check out the latest one
Feeling your best includes making sure that you eat the right things. New Age Naturopathics can supply you with some great recipes that will help you along your wellness journey.
¼ cup miso* (unpasteurised if possible)
2 cups mushrooms sliced (use Japanese shitake, oyster and enoki types if possible)
½ block nutrisoy or other firm tofu cubed
2 tbsp tamari
1 bunch spinach chopped
1 pack Spiral quinoa or buckwheat noodles or Slendier vermicelli
2 strips wakame seaweed
1.5 litres vegetable stock
1. Add vegetable stock to saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Add in tamari sauce.
3. Add the noodles to another large saucepan of boiling water and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Once cooked, drain and divide the noodles into 4 serving bowls.
4. Reduce heat and add mushrooms and spinach to the stock and tamari mix and cook for 4-5 minutes.
5. Cut the wakameseaweed into strips and add to the stock mix.
6. Add in the miso paste and tofu cubes and simmer gently for a few minutes. Note: it is important not to boil the miso.
7. Remove the miso soup from the heat and divide between the bowls containing the noodles.
Variation: You can add other vegetables such as broccoli, carrot, cauliflower, snowpeas instead of spinach or mushrooms.
* Miso is a Japanese bean paste made from fermented soy beans. It is very good for improving the balance of beneficial bacteria in our digestive system. It is available from health food stores or Japanese food stores.